Research Specialist - Protein Biochemistry
ResponsibilitiesLocation Harrisburg, PennsylvaniaUS Job ID JR-020655
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere. Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
• Deliver high quality research support in a variety of lab functions.
•Activities may include, but are not limited to: automation support, cell culture, assay support, high-throughput expression screens, molecular biology assays, protein purification.
• Other activities may include sample preparation and/ or buffer preps (including GxP), QC/QA protocols and analyses.
• Individual may be required to perform lab/ equipment user-level maintenance, troubleshooting, general laboratory prep work, and scheduled equipment quality checks. (including GxP).
• Perform multiple experimental assays and maintain relevant lab samples and materials.
• Write, maintain and troubleshoot experimental protocols.
• Analyze, synthesize and communicate data to both technical and non-technical colleagues and collaborators.
• BS in Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry
• Hands-on experience with a variety of biology and biochemistry lab techniques including FPLC, Western blotting and LC-MS.
• Hands-on experience with automation instrumentation. Working familiarity with high-throughput platforms (Tecan) and workflows is a plus.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."