Manager Sales, East Applied
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Annapolis, Maryland | Atlanta, Georgia | Augusta, Maine | Boston, Massachusetts | Columbia, South Carolina | Concord, New Hampshire | Dover, Delaware | Hartford, Connecticut | Montpelier, Vermont | Providence, Rhode Island | Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
America's Most Responsible Companies 2021
PerkinElmer named one of America’s Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek Learn More »
At PerkinElmer, our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees. Learn More »
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Annapolis, Maryland, Atlanta, Georgia, Augusta, Maine, Boston, Massachusetts, Columbia, South Carolina, Concord, New Hampshire, Dover, Delaware, Hartford, Connecticut, Montpelier, Vermont, Providence, Rhode Island, Remote Status Regular Job ID REQ-050332
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Business Development. Manage and drive profitable business growth for your sales region. Develop an annual regional business plan that supports the overall business goals for the Multimode Detection team within the Life Sciences organization. Develop market strategy involving multi-channel and key accounts. Work with service partners to integrate product and service initiatives to meet customer needs.
- People Leadership. Establishes clear directions with team, distributes workload appropriately, monitors process, progress, and results appropriately. Models and communicates and coaches others on PerkinElmer values, behaviors, and work practices; is someone that people like working with that leads to productive sales team. Is an exceptional judge of talent and has a solid track record in identifying, selecting, and developing people; hires the best people available from inside and outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles a talented and diverse team.
- Team Sales Revenue: Grow and develop the business in accordance with strategic business goals by achieving team sales goals within the assigned territory. Understanding customer needs and relating them to the appropriate PerkinElmer product lines to present a comprehensive solution.
- Team Sales Forecast: Managing team forecast using Salesforce.com, ensuring your team is hitting the forecast. Reporting a business forecast in routine calls with Commercial Leadership
You must have the ability to travel up to 50%.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years working in a field sales organization.
- 5+ years’ experience with instrumentation sales.
- Familiarity with industry standard practices and technology platforms
- Team focused.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of leaders across a large organization.
- Conflict Resolution Skills, and ability to work with different personality types.
- Capacity to identify and develop new talent.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to express information in a succinct and organized manner that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Willingness for as much as 50% overnight travel
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds).
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams