Software Development Business Analyst
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Allentown, Pennsylvania | Atlanta, Georgia | Charlotte, North Carolina | Columbus, Ohio | Denver, Colorado | Duluth, Georgia | Elkhorn, Nebraska | Jackson, Mississippi | Jacksonville, Florida
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Allentown, Pennsylvania, Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Columbus, Ohio, Denver, Colorado, Duluth, Georgia, Elkhorn, Nebraska, Jackson, Mississippi, Jacksonville, Florida Status Regular Job ID JR-021161
- Gather, develop, and document functional business requirements for customer software projects. Transform the users’ requirements into functional requirements for building Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS) software architecture and functionality.
- Interface with designers, applications programmer to ensure the functional requirements and solutions are properly transferred for configuration/development.
- Create the user experience stories that translate requirements from the customer into the programming and development needs.
- Responsible for managing and tracking new business capabilities, including their enhancements and/or development
- Document project through process maps, business procedure documentation, training and communication materials
- Partner with business leads to help understanding business use cases and functional requirements
- Interface with Project Management to ensure strong communication regarding timelines, deliveries, project issues and changes are addressed. Provide inputs to project manager for project planning, efforts and development. Provide inputs to the Project Manager on any change orders that may be requested by the customer.
- Aid and guidance to the customer in creating web cloud based software solutions user experience during the implementation.
- Conduct and facilitate customer workshops for information gathering. Generate requirements with a high degree of quality and within the required time frame
- Create methods and techniques for capturing and documenting customer business requirements for system development, third party software integration and external database interfaces
- Collaborate with multiple functions of Labs team like operations, clinicians, accounting, commercials to create workflows for these functions and to implement web software solutions.
- Preparation of functional requirements specification (FRS) and ensure they align with the customer needs and development/implementation team.
- Organize and facilitate meetings between the functional users and the implementation teams. Orchestrate system reviews and gather feedback from the customer on required changes
- Execute the acceptance test plan with the customer, and document all exceptions, and coordinate a resolution plan with the designer/application programmers
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that the developed configuration is handed off to the software support team.
BA/BS degree in a related technical field
5+ years’ experience as a software business analyst
Good domain knowledge with relevant experience
Knowledge of different programming languages
Knowledge of database queries
Excellent communication skills, oral written, spoken
Excellent knowledge of reporting Agile and waterfall methodologies
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams