Business Development Medical Science Liaison
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Atlanta, Georgia | , Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Atlanta, Georgia, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-026388
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the Business Development team to engage customers in clinical, scientific and product value proposition conversations and presentations, serving in a support capacity.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Business Development customers
- Support the Business Development team and customers with timely responses to data requests, research activities, publications, and presentations
- Recognize areas for improvement based on customer interaction and engaging with internal Business Development, Project Management, Customer Excellence, and Commercial Operations team advocate and execute on these improvements
- Serve as a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) for presentations at conferences, regional meetings, and customer meetings
- Support and execute on global commercial employees’ on-boarding and continued training, including new product education and internal resource enhancements
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor, Senior Manager of Scientific Affairs, Education, and Training, Global Labs
- Bachelor’s in science or related field.
- 5+years of business development, sales or marketing experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of basic genetic concepts and terminology
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting or genomics laboratory setting strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Effective interpersonal skills to influence cross-functional teams by gaining buy-in and promoting shared project ownership.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in a LIMS, CRM, and other online customer portals
- Efficient with prioritizing and multi-tasking, including being productive while handling re-directions and interruptions based upon business needs
- Travel based on customer and business need, approximately 20%-40%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams