Subject Matter Expert - Automated Laboratory Systems – EMEA (m/f/d)
Germany | United Kingdom | Spain | Italy | Germany | Finland | France
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hamburg, HamburgDE Job ID JR-018877
PerkinElmer is at the forefront of automating workflows in the lab, helping labs do more with less. This is an exciting opportunity to use your expertise in liquid handling, imaging or software automation in developing bespoke automated solutions for our customers.
You will provide your expertise to support our Field Application Specialists and Account Managers to tailor PerkinElmer modular solutions to the Customers application requirements across EMEA.
You can be based anywhere in western Europe near to an international airport. The expectation is that you will travel to customer sites as needed. You will also make regular visits to the production site in Hamburg, so the amount of travel will be determined by your location.
- Working with customers, analyse customer’s current processes and workflows to identify customer’s laboratory automation needs. Develop and propose bespoken automation solutions drawing on PerkinElmer’s laboratory automation, instrument and chemistry solutions and services.
- Become a trusted expert consulting our customers on to how to optimize their processes as well as the day-to-day operations of their laboratories.
- Lead technical and application discussion with current and prospective customers. Ensure cross functional collaboration between all stakeholders.
- Provide demonstrations
- Actively scout for and be involved in lead generation activities to identify new accounts as well as new applications
- Provide post sales support (~ 50% of role) with new and existing customers either remotely or on site. These activities will include installation support, training and writing application specific protocols
- Cultivate partnerships with reference sites, key opinion leaders and strategic customers.
- Provide voice of customer and voice of sales on competitors, market dynamics to business units and product management.
- Participation in tradeshows and exhibitions
- Willingness to travel (est. 50% of working time), occasionally outside core region
- Scientific or engineering degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline with at least 1 year of experience working in a laboratory environment, preferably using Laboratory Automation, Automated Liquid Handlers, Imaging or Detection Instruments.
- Prior experience of selling or supporting the sale of Laboratory Automation, Automated Liquid Handlers, Imaging or Detection Instruments.
- A good understanding of the software connections between data and mechanical automation.
- English language fluency essential; additional European languages an advantage.
- Excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive and stress resistant personality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial acumen and understanding of business drivers
- Proven success working on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
What we offer you
- Join a dynamic working environment
- Technically challenging and rewarding projects
- Great incentives and corporate benefits
For further information on our automated robotic solutions see: https://www.perkinelmer.com/uk/category/integrated-laboratory-automation
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”