Principal Software Development Engineer
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Hamburg, Germany Status Regular Job ID JR-026111
PerkinElmer’s commitment to scientific innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We are solving many difficult problems that enable researchers to discover new drug therapies more efficiently and pinpoint safety issues quickly.
We have innovative solutions and products where high quality and state-of-the-art software is extremely essential. We are looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer to provide technical leadership and guidance of development team in Hamburg, to ensure that our products serve and exceed their purpose.
- Project management on technical level, i.e. definition and monitoring of work packages
- Work planning, writing unit tests, and performing code reviews
- Technology selection and introduction of new technologies
- Further development of technical competence, development processes and tools
- Integration of teams from Hamburg and other PerkinElmer locations to achieve technical project goals
- Active participation in development work
- Define and improve Infrastructure for short- / intermediate- and long-term storage and archiving of large datasets
- Deployment of applications into customer sites
- Coaching and training of SW Developers and Service Staff
- Consulting of customers regarding IT infrastructure and security aspects
- Developing midterm and long-term strategy following roadmap planning of the R&D unit
- Advanced degree in Computer Science (Master or above is preferred)
- 5+ years designing and implementation of Imaging solutions
- 5 + years in designing distributed IT systems
- Strong expertise with container and container deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Pulumi, etc.)
- Expertise in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Java, C++, etc.)
- Experience with agile software development methodologies, especially Scrum.
- 5+ years managing and maintaining of productive systems
- 2+ years productive usage of encryption technologies
- Good proficiency of English and German language, both verbal and written
Nice to have:
- Experience in Pharma / Life Science Industries
- 2+ years in Cloud technologies
- Database knowledge (SQL- and Non SQL databases) from the perspective of a
- Database developer (SQL statements and SQL statement tuning)
- Database admin / ER modeler
- 2+ years working experience in and IT department of an enterprise company
What we offer:
- Purposeful & inspirational environment
- Dynamic culture in which customers are at the forefront
- Being part of a highly qualified team that is committed to excellence
- Access to cutting-edge expertise through which you can make positive impact in the world around us
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams