Senior Build Engineer
Guelph, Canada | University of Alberta, Canada | , Canada | Kitchener, Canada | , Canada | , Canada
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Guelph, Canada, University of Alberta, Canada, Canada, Kitchener, Canada, Canada, Canada Status Regular Job ID JR-022802
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. Where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times...
At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere. Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
We are seeking a Senior Build Engineer to be a part of a team to lead the transformation of R&D Global Software Development Practices across the organization. You will work with multiple global development teams and projects and mentor Junior Engineers.
In addition to this you will:
- Work directly with the R&D teams to identify, design, optimize, support and secure build systems
- Identify, lead, strategize and influence the adoption of build tools, technologies and best practices.
- Document and update build system creation and management best practices and guidance
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve build system issues.
- Develop tools and scripts related to the secure management of the build environment
- Develop tools and scripts to improve efficiency of operational tasks
- Continually maintain and improve tooling and scripts
- Recommend and implement process and tooling improvements
- Work directly with development teams to provide oversight and support of and consultation on hardware and software build resources
- Coaching and mentoring of team members
- Effectively communicate project status, metrics, and issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of study
- 3-5 years Software Development and Build Infrastructure experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with git and/or GitHub
- 3-5 years’ experience with Jenkins, GitHub Actions or similar tools
- 3-5 years’ experience with the SDLC, Software Development Life Cycle
- Breadth of knowledge on best practices and tooling in the areas of build, test, deploy, release
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and self-prioritize
- Detail oriented
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams