Full-Stack Software Development Engineer
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Guelph, Canada Status Regular Job ID JR-019669
PerkinElmer is building exciting new products in the area of Clinical Analytics. We are solving many difficult problems that enable researchers to discover new drug therapies more efficiently and pinpoint safety issues quickly.
Our innovative solutions utilize cloud platforms, Big Data technologies, persona based-workflows and visual analytics tools to enable scientists to interact with data on demand resulting in accelerated decision-making.
We are a fast-moving team looking for a Full-Stack Software Development Engineer with a passion for creating software and impactful products. We work in small teams in an agile manner. This will require collaboration in a team environment to collaborate with UX/UI designers, DevOps, and fellow engineers to implement innovative features and components for new products. The ideal candidate has delivered complex products and will be comfortable with a variety of technologies and frameworks to deliver exceptional web solutions.
To be a good fit, you’ll have heaps of hands-on experience coding and building applications.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years building and delivering software products
- 3+ years experience in building web applications in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience developing Microservices using APIs/JSON
- Proficiency in .NET core Web API, C#
- Proficient in containerization platforms such as Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with open source technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other team members
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent work ethic and desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
- Apache Nifi / Kafka experience a plus
- Experience with application monitoring platforms such as Instana, New Relic, Data Dog a plus
- Clinical, bioinformatics or other health sciences experience
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams