Production Buyer Planner
Greenville, South Carolina
ResponsibilitiesLocation Greenville, South CarolinaUS Job ID JR-020118
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Knowledge of how to develop product Bill of Materials and kitting BOMs.
- Develop an achievable master schedule for all of manufacturing operations including multiple work centers to ensure order fulfillment targets are met.
- Convert approved Master Schedule into daily/weekly timeframes by machine, identifying job name/number, standard labor hours and run rate by utilizing the cost workbook.
- Monitor daily adherence to schedule for all equipment and update site metric boards
- Publish weekly results of the OEE data collected by production for each machine
- Interface with production to ensure customer requirements are met; ensuring that internal processes are developed and followed to ensure quality, profitability, and on time delivery.
- Interaction with Global Sales organization, Customer Care, and Logistics personnel at other corporate locations to understand and meet/exceed service requirements.
- Maintain all reports associated with forecasts, firm orders, master schedules, OEE daily equipment schedules, COPQ, and site metrics
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance and then developing quality controls and improvements through completing noncompliance reports.
- Work cross-functionally to develop, deploy, and sustain lean manufacturing processes to establish a visual factory.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance and then developing quality controls and improvements related to noncompliance process.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sciences, Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, or comparable experience.
- 2+ years of experience purchasing, planning, and inventory management with medical devices, life sciences, or similarly regulated industry
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP
- Thorough knowledge of the cost estimating, product configurations, and contractor bid process.
- Energetic, driven, self-guided, team-oriented, and operationally focused Leader.
- Superior presentation/communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical ability, including the ability to anticipate the impact of process changes.
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
- Lift, carry, push, and pull up to XX lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."