Greenville, South Carolina | Charlotte, North Carolina
ResponsibilitiesLocation Greenville, South CarolinaUS Job ID JR-020095
Position Type (FT/PT)
As a manufacturing/operating manager, you will be responsible for managing a diverse and talented manufacturing team. Your primary goal is to properly organize staff members and achieve a reasonable workflow throughout the day. Your position will also include directing, disciplining, training, and assisting lower-level manufacturing employees in a factory setting. The manufacturing supervisor will oversee all plant production, materials, equipment, and tools to ensure safety, quality, efficiencies are maintained. Accountable to ensure customer orders remain on schedule for the manufacturing of blood collection device at the facility.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure compliance with FDA QSRegs/GMP, Safety and Health regulations and good housekeeping practices within the facility as well as compliance with all quality specifications.
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance and then developing quality controls and improvements.
- Support safety initiatives, policy, and strive towards safety in all facets of the manufacturing facility.
- Effectively coordinated with direct staff and cross-functional teams to achieve plant key performance indicators KPI(s).
- Measure and report (KPIs) on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure operational and customer service goals are met.
- Motivate, develop, and retain a strong team that sets high quality standards for performance and is committed to organizational KPI goals.
- Track time and attendance of production hourly employees and accountability.
- Regularly interacts with site management on high-level matters relating to delivery and operational efficiency.
- Partner with site management to establish and implement policies and procedures for the production floor.
- Work cross-functionally to develop, deploy, and sustain lean manufacturing processes to establish a visual factory.
- Accountable for the operational readiness of the production environment and provides management support and direction during emergency/crisis situations (system and facility).
- Evaluate and enhance organizational tools and workflow systems.
- Facilitate and lead daily production meetings.
- Demonstrate flexibility/adaptability while handling day-to-day challenges confidently, adjusting to multiple demands, and shifting priorities in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
- Leverage PerkinElmer networks; build strong relationships with internal and external resources/vendors.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, or Business Administration, or comparable experience.
- 3+ years of manufacturing management in a medical device, life sciences, or similarly regulated industry
- Prior experience managing an operation including people, products, and goals encompassing Purchasing, Planning, Scheduling, Logistics, Inventory Control and Production.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification with a proven track record of business performance improvement.
- Energetic, driven, self-guided, team-oriented, and operationally focused Leader.
- Superior presentation/communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical ability, including the ability to anticipate the impact of process changes.
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
- Lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."