Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer Remote
Granada, Spain | Barcelona, Spain | Madrid, Spain | Tres Cantos, Spain
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Granada, Spain, Barcelona, Spain, Madrid, Spain, Tres Cantos, Spain Status Regular Job ID JR-017636
Note: You will be working remotely in this position, but your home office will be Granada. There may be required meetings to attend there from time to time.
PerkinElmer is manufacturer of scientific instruments, reagents, and software to drive innovations in human and environmental health around the world.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Software Engineer to join our Informatics team, building a product we call the Signals Data Factory. The Signals Data Factory is a product which specializes in taking in many different forms of scientific data, transforming it (using Apache Spark), and making it searchable (using Elasticsearch) and analyzable via a variety of interfaces. Its current use spans from early in the drug-discovery process to analyzing active clinical trial data.
If you are looking to join a small team of talented engineers and to contribute to delivering amazing, high impact, customer-focused features, this is a great opportunity.
- Create secure, performant interfaces and services
- Work with AWS services and cloud technologies
- Collaborate with fellow team members on priorities, specifications, and feature implementation
- Craft well-documented, reusable, and testable code.
- Work on a system capable of processing petabytes of data
- Build and maintain new, high impact functionality into the Signals Data Factory
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some professional work experience developing software
- Some experience with modern front-end development
- Experience with making Node.js based APIs.
- Experience with cloud-hosting at one of the top-3 providers
- A good understanding of git workflows
- Strongly driven – ability to clarify requirements and deliver code in a highly distributed and fast-moving environment
- Skills with any of the following technologies, please mention these up-front
- React / Redux
- Any devops experience
- Life science or Chemistry knowledge
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams