EHS SpecialistApply Now
- Hertfordshire, England
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist will support the Senior Safety Manager by ensuring that site operations are executed in compliance with all safety, health, environmental, and regulatory requirements.
We are recruiting for 2 people to be based on a OneSource customer site in Stevenage
- Ensure compliance with PerkinElmer and customer EHS training requirements
- Implement all current site-based EHS aspects of the Lab Asset Management Program (LAMP) program
- Implement new or updated internal safety and environmental policies as needed
- Support safety and environmental site audit processes
- Participate in the incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans
- Serve as contractor liaison for all company vendors associated with safety and environmental programs
- Interact closely with vendors to facilitate completion of EHS plan (including Job Hazard Analyses) prior to site entry
- Perform periodic audits of vendors to determine adherence to all required EHS procedures and requirements
- Interface with the customer (end users, building managers, facilities etc.) as needed to ensure vendors have the appropriate and necessary contacts and resources for work to be performed
- Assist in inventory of site instrument safety devices as requested by customer
- Generate Job Hazard Assessments (JHAs) as required for relocations and high risk work
- Generate required permits for any high risk work being performed
- Work with Security to check badge access status as needed
- Issue daily passes to vendors who need access to the site
- Escort vendors to their work location, if applicable
- Assist in implementing new worker safety rules and regulations to site personnel and management
- Attend customer-based Site Safety Committee Meeting and disseminate pertinent information to field personnel
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, biomedical engineering, environmental health/science/studies, industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety management, public health, or relevant field
- 3 years minimum experience in
the implementation and management of EHS programs and management systems, preferably within research operations.
Success working with subcontractors/vendors supporting mutual safety objectives.
Proven track record of success executing high hazard prevention programs; specifically: LO/TO, electrical safety, machine guarding, etc.
A proven track record managing regulatory compliance.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams