EHS ManagerApply Now
- Hertfordshire, England
The Safety Manager will perform functions to manage all aspects of the safety and environmental programs, including but not limited to development, implementation, compliance, training, and reporting for a OneSource client with multiple sites in the UK.
This role will take responsibility for a small team looking after UK sites in Stevenage, Ware and Weybridge as well as smaller sites in Italy and Spain.
Core Job Duties
Ensure that operations are executed in compliance with all safety, health, environmental and regulatory requirements
• Build capability of site resources to support implementation of EHS programs and processes
• Facilitate the development of a site-wide annual EHS training plan and ensure compliance
• Develop and administer all aspects of the safety programs that empower employee participation in all areas of the LAMP Program
• Develop safety and environmental risk assessments and develop/implement appropriate controls
• Conduct hazard analysis for any new product or process
• Maintain hazard analysis and risk assessment records in accordance with all regulatory and customer requirements
• Establish, conduct, and manage safety and environmental audit processes
• Prepare, maintain, and submit all required safety and environmental reports and permits
• Serve as corporate liaison for all outside local, state, and federal regulatory agencies and company vendors associated with safety and environmental programs
• Participate in the incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans
• Coordinate contractor safety program
• Participate as team member to ensure all aspects of the LAMP program are up to date and in compliance
• Research and communicate new environmental and worker safety rules and regulations to appropriate management personnel
• Create and/or update internal safety and environmental policies as needed
• Facilitate/support safety committees and regular safety meetings
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 10 years environmental and worker safety experience
• Proven ability of implementing and/or improving a safety culture in a corporate or industrial environment
• Chemical or biological safety experience
• Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist preferred.
• Experience in strategic planning, policy development and hazard recognition
• Knowledgeable in national (HSE) and EU - OSHA regulatory requirements for air, water and land environmental.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
• Strong training and coaching skills
• Proficient with various computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office
Laboratory setting as well as need to spend time in/around loading dock areas.
Work closely with Client facility and laboratory personnel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams