Consulting Project Manager Analytics & Clinical Services (m/f/d)
United Kingdom | Netherlands | Belgium | Germany
ResponsibilitiesLocation Buckinghamshire, GB Job ID JR-019297
PerkinElmer Informatics focuses on Visual Analytics, Data Science and Bioinformatics. We create software and solutions to help scientists make the next breakthrough discovery for a healthier world.
PerkinElmer’s Informatics solutions empower customers to gain critical insights from data analytics, accelerating informed decisions. Unify data and fast-track activities across R&D, translational research and clinical trial operations.
Our Informatics solutions integrating industry-leading TIBCO Spotfire analytics turn data into stunning discoveries.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic player-coach Consulting Project Manager with strong domain knowledge to effectively lead and deliver consulting services engagements to completion, focusing on the Life Science field in a diverse global environment.
This position is truly exciting role with a wide scope to deploy your full range of experience in project management, technical and commercial verticals.
Candidates should based in Western Europe near to an international airport. UK, Belgium or Netherlands preferred. Up to 40% travel to customers expected post-Covid.
- Become a trusted advisor to customers
- Identify customer needs, propose solutions, participate in delivery and assist in business development activities
- Improve processes, ensure compliance & drive improvements, as needed
- Create, maintain and assume accountability for a culture of high-quality customer service
- Create and execute project work plans with a focus on timely completion, risk mitigation and stakeholder satisfaction
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities, not shying away from hands-on aspects
- Plan, allocate, manage, track and report on all project aspects on a regular basis
- Create, distribute, revise, and keep up to date, all project documents
- Facilitate team and customer meetings effectively; take & distribute minutes
- Deliver engaging, informative and well-organized presentations, as needed
- Establish and manage effective internal/external communication plans
- Bachelor´s or Master’s degree in chemistry, Bioinformatics or related life science discipline, computer science or similar relevant experience.
- Post Graduate certification/ degree in Project Management is a plus.
- 7~10 years of relevant experience delivering and managing projects involving software development, COTS (Commercial off-the-shelf ) software customizations, complex enterprise applications deployment, etc., ideally from inception through completion
- Customer facing experience through project life cycles – requirements through production is a must
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Scientific background and good understanding of the life sciences industry, applicable systems and scientific software
- Especially, understanding of the Drug Development Lifecycle from target Identification via chemical and biological drug development to (human) clinical trials, along with main data-related aspects and data analysis challenges
- Good understanding of the software development and release life cycle
- Knowledgeable in database & systems design and enterprise systems deployment
- Previous experience of Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik or similar technologies are advantageous
- Experience with cloud-based and XaaS solutions is a strong plus
- Working language is English, any other main European language a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead multi-cultural, global project teams
- Technical proficiency with general business applications such as MS Office, including MS Project
What we provide you
- Dynamic environment and opportunity to make a difference
- Competitive corporate salary and benefits
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."