Field Application SpecialistApply Now
- Downers Grove, IL
This position will serve as a multifaceted Application Specialist to facilitate seamless implementation of EUROIMMUN instruments, kits and other products in customers’ laboratories.
Excellent technical and communication skills are needed to positively interact with customers and company personnel. Successful candidates will be self-starters, who can independently manage their time and schedules; will possess basic business acumen and effectively communicate skills at all levels.
Position Responsibilities includes but are not limited to
- Maintain a working knowledge of EUROIMMUN instrumentation, products and techniques.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Coordinate pre-site inspections, delivery and installation dates in conjunction with Sales Team and customers.
- Arrange for shipping of instrument, kits and samples.
- Coordinate with Field Service and assist (if necessary) with instrument installations.
- Ensure assay programming is complete and functioning prior to shipping instrument to customer.
- Communicate with AG for any necessary assay programming and registration forms.
- Schedule and conduct kick off and periodic calls with customer during implementation and go live process.
- Assist customer with validation studies as needed to include: defining protocol, sample acquisition, running samples, data evaluation and report preparation.
- Assist with interface to customer’s LIS system.
- Conduct educational sessions for Customer on equipment and products.
- Maintain positive, professional communications with customers and colleagues.
- Provide technical assistance to Sales Team and colleagues.
- Display excellent multi-tasking capabilities.
- Document all activities in accordance with the service policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and comply with all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Follow standard procedures, guidelines and policies.
- A BS in Life Sciences, Biomedical engineering and/or technical discipline; or equivalent military training and experience, with emphasis on instrumentation and computers.
- Three or more years’ experience as a field service representative, Lab MT , or related field preferred
- Technically proficient in running IVD assays and an understanding the basis for these assays
- Basic networking knowledge
- Experience with LIS connectivity (HL7, ASTM) preferred
- Well-organized, able to function independently, with a minimum of supervision
- Comfortable in presenting training and information seminars to customers
- Customer-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Exhibits high level of critical thinking abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic demeanor and a can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.).
- Work in all areas of the laboratory
- Overnight travel as needed
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years lab experience
- Valid Driver's License
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams