Technical Application Scientist- BioLegend (Denver, CO)
Denver, Colorado | , Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Denver, Colorado, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-029387
As a Technical Application Scientist at BioLegend, you will be a customer’s primary point of contact for technology, products, and, services. You will represent the company locally for both technical and pre-sales support as well as facilitate scientific collaboration. The main efforts to build customer relationships will be through in-person or virtual consultation with individual customers with respect to their projects & needs, provide education on relevant new technologies, assist in technical support, and conduct field marketing initiatives through seminars and presentations. Your responsibility is to interphase between the customer and BioLegend to enable researcher success and facilitate discovery.
In this role, you are responsible for building relationships with key scientists and customers within a defined territory. This position is responsible for both the scientific success of key accounts. Flexibility and proactivity are crucial to success in this remote; field-based position. You will be supported and collaborate with a team of experienced field technical experts and sales support personnel. This job carries direct sales responsibilities; however, priority is given to the technical and scientific side of the role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop relationships, both in person and remote, with key customers at assigned focus accounts.
- Conduct and present technical seminars to labs, user groups, and local meetings.
- Coordinate and perform product demonstrations, trainings, and, technical support.
- Provide direct sales support to customers in collaboration with the Global Sales Operations team.
- Contribute to local business development related to product development, licensing, service/collaborative agreements, and, other responsibilities as needed.
- Represent BioLegend at user group meetings, scientific conferences, and, local shows as necessary.
- Maintain a contact database in customer retention management system (Salesforce)
- Manage expenses through monthly reports.
- Prepare quarterly reports on territory performance, and, notable business developments at key accounts.
- Reporting any activity related to competitor activities, or, business opportunities as applicable.
- Communicate needs for self-development and develop long term professional goals.
- Travel required as necessary (limited overnight travel, but, frequent local travel with the Los Angeles area).
- Other duties as assigned.
- innovate– Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire– Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate– Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform– Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- PhD in Biology in biology or life sciences elated field.
- MS Degree with 3+ years’ experience in an academic, industry or clinical lab setting
- 2+ year direct experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Experience with cellular assays (in-vitro, or, primary cell).
- Molecular biology wet lab experience (Western, PCR, ELISA, ELISpot, etc)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Previous experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies such as single-cell RNA seq.
- Previous job experience in a field-based role.
- Previous industry work experience.
- Previous management experience is preferred
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams