Equipment Support Specialist
Aurora, Colorado | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Aurora, ColoradoUS Job ID JR-025849
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Delivers service and support to our customers which includes Preventive Maintenance of PerkinElmer and/or Multivendor Products. This support will include troubleshooting and repair of minor issues related to maintenance requirements, post maintenance testing and calibration. Represents the face of PerkinElmer to the customer and drives best-in-class customer service, responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customer
- Drive toward zero service recalls
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer site within prescribed time frame and established performance standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to service agreement provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer
- Educate and promote the purchase of training, support, software, laboratory services products, consumables and field installed computer hardware/software upgrades
- Maintain updated documentation around dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Manage appropriate levels of inventory to ensure adequate supply and records are maintained
- Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Develop organization awareness of other functional groups and product lines to direct customers or others to appropriate resources
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, LMS trainings, etc..
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires
- Must have a valid driver’s license; While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle at all times
- Associate degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline including military experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in HVAC, refrigeration and facilities maintenance is a plus
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- Exposure to analytical equipment and/or lab environment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Certification of company training on equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: Regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”