Senior Scientist in cell-based assay services
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Codolet, France Status Regular Job ID JR-024133
Cisbio Biossays, member of the PerkinElmer group, is looking for a Senior Scientist in Cell-based Assay Services (M/F), as part of a permanent contract. This position is located in Codolet (France - possibility of relocation assistance).
Expert in immunology, with excellent communication skills in English, you will work under the responsibility of your Team Leader in conjunction with counterparts in Cambridge, UK to deliver contract research services for external clients.You enjoy working in a team with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt and work independently in a dynamic environment. Responsive and proactive, your versatility and analytical skills will be fundamental assets for success in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently plan and perform complex compound and/or CRISPR-Cas9 screening experiments using primary human immune cell systems in accordance with project aims and specifications
• Identify and solve problems related to your own experiments / processes or those of the team
• Interpret experimental data, process results and identify next steps
• Report on the progress of projects and effectively monitor the use of resources to ensure deliverables are met within agreed budgets and timeframes. Enforce these high standards within the team
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously
- Master Degree or equivalent required - Initial training in biology / biochemistry / biotechnology; expertise in immunology
- Industry experience highly valued
- Assay set up and relevant laboratory work experience:
- Cell culture, molecular biology, immunology (isolation and handling of primary immune cells)
- Immunological assays (e.g. Mixed Lymphocyte Reaction, iTreg or MDSC assays) and flow cytometry readouts
- High throughput assays and handling large datasets including data QC
- Reporting management, compliance with company standards
- Excellent organizing skills with careful and methodical nature
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office), calculation and analytical skills, good adaptability to ERPs
Desirable skills or experience
- Knowledge of quality standards and use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Knowledge of liquid handling robotic equipment (although full training will be provided)
Compensation and Benefits
- “cadre” under the French classification of job positions 7A, 40 000 / year, Participation
- Mobility support
- Healthcare and Provident Coverage
- Access to Company restaurant, Works Council and free access to the sports hall
If you are looking for a versatile position, in a dynamic and rigorous environment, our position is your next challenge. Application exclusively in English (CV + cover letter)
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams