Software Development Engineer
Chennai, India | Thāne, India
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Chennai, India, Thāne, India Status Regular Job ID JR-025959
We are looking for a core PHP developer who will be responsible for the development of software solutions and web-based applications. The developer will work with Technical Lead/Solution Architect to develop new web applications and maintaining legacy applications in support of a newborn screening and genetic testing laboratory.
- Participates in analysis, design and building of software solutions
- Performs other duties assigned by the Technical Lead / Solution Architect to support projects and maintenance queue
- Maintain, support and upgrade existing legacy applications and technologies
- Researching and using modern tools and technologies to build and support new web applications
- Participate in requirements meetings, understand needs of functional teams and execute implementation
- Collaborate with vendors and external partners to upgrade and build modern web-based applications
- Build and manage inbound and outbound system interfaces and integration with third party platforms
- Support and participate in Application Life Cycle Management processes such as defect tracking, build and deployment management, version control and continuous integration of new enhancements
Requirementsfor the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of the degree 1 to 3 years of development experience.
- >3 years’ experience in object-oriented analysis and design, multi-tiered solutions, web technology and standard design patterns, developing web-based solutions
- >3 years’ experience in MySQL (writing queries, designing databases)
- Experience in using and designing API’s with formats like JSON, XML
- >2 years’ experience with Frontend Technologies including HTML5, jQuery & CSS3
- Experience using Bootstrap is a plus
- Experience in building Lab Information Management System (LIMS) is a plus
- Experience in SVN, GIT, Bootstrap 4, PHP MVC Frameworks, Linux, SOAP, CURL is desired
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams