Research Specialist - Cell Culture, Synthetic Lethality
ResponsibilitiesLocation Cambridge, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-031029
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate for the role of Research Specialist to join the growing Synthetic Lethality team. A successful candidate will be responsible for performing standardized, protocol-driven lab-based work (i.e.; maintaining mammalian cell lines, protein isolation, stocking reagents and supplies, etc.). Training will be provided throughout the course of the role, with the goal of the individual to grow into an independent contributor in the laboratory. In this position, the candidate will work within a matrix, collaborative, fast-paced, team environment across diverse biotherapeutic portfolio within the company.
- Provide high quality laboratory support to the Synthetic Lethality team.
- Support multiple ongoing large-scale cell-based projects that are critical to the success and future of the department.
- Lab work will include mammalian cell culturing, cell proliferation, protein isolation, and viral transduction.
- Generate and analyze data with the highest Data Integrity standards.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation and robotics, including liquid sample handling platforms.
- Continue technological improvements to increase productivity and cost-efficiency.
- Data reporting, management, and interactions as appropriate with the teams.
- Develop organization skills, presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Interact with senior staff members as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all R&D data integrity practices, ethics codes, standards and training, and safety training and practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology or Biomedical sciences fields with laboratory research experience in an laboratory environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of technical expertise in cell culture, general lab instrumentation, cell-based assays.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology or Biomedical sciences fields with laboratory research experience in an laboratory environment.
- Previous experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical drug discovery.
- Ability to work independently and deliver high-quality, consistent results in a timely fashion.
- Experience with the any/all of the following: CellTiter Glo, Caspase Glo, Incucyte, western blot, Jess, Li-Cor, BacMam, Lentivirus
- Ability meet timelines successfully with the utmost attention to detail while setting high performance standards.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific data.
- Design and executes new and established methods and protocols.
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 2-3 hours of the time
- The person in this position needs to regularly move inside and outside labs
- Must be able to bend, squat, stretch and reach above or below in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Employee may be required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”