Cambridge, United Kingdom
ResponsibilitiesLocation Cambridge, CambridgeshireGB Job ID JR-031058
Who are we?
Horizon Discovery, a PerkinElmer company, drives the application of gene editing and gene modulation to enable world-leading academic institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as clinical diagnostic laboratories, to identify the genetic drivers behind human disease, develop and validate diagnostic workflows, and deliver new therapies for precision medicine. With more than a decade of experience in the engineering of cell lines, Horizon offers innovative products and services including the Dharmacon™ suite of gene discovery tools with the ability to modulate, or permanently alter, the function of almost any gene in human and other mammalian cell lines.
Horizon operates out of two sites: Cambridge, UK, and Boulder, Colorado, USA.
About the role:
We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to join our Cambridge team to be responsible for:
- To support in required purchasing tasks to procure assigned parts, materials, supplies, equipment and services for operation of business
- Co-ordinate with suppliers for deliveries to ensure timely deliveries
- Scanning delivery notes
- Communicate and build relationship with end-user or suppliers as required.
- Maintains records for orders from receipt of requisition, placement of PO, change orders, receipt of material and matching receipt to order.
- Working on order status reports
- Liaise with all internal departments, specifically warehousing, planning, manufacturing and logistics
- Track order confirmation and deliveries of in bound shipment and report on expected ETA’s.
- Support in optimizing stocking strategies.
- Liaison with the Finance Team to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Record keeping to company policies, ISO audits and Financial Audits
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Have a technical and analytical background
- General Supply Chain Management skills
- Price, Contract and Payment negotiation abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Possess excellent English language skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess excellent organisation skills
- Ability to create good relationships with customers and suppliers
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."