LIS Customer Coordinator
ResponsibilitiesLocation Cambridge, GB Job ID JR-023424
Provide high touch customer support for the scientific community and functional group(s) within designated client sites and provide general support for the on-site service engineers and technicians. Coordinate and communicate with end users regarding all aspects of OneSource Asset Management and Scientific Services programs, including service call initiation, escorting of vendors, general support of day-to-day lab operations, including supporting internal auditing activities.
- Act as a single point of contact for scientists, coordinating flow of services to the laboratory
- Support the raising, monitoring and closing out of helpdesk tickets, equipment maintenance/repair, IT Services and infrastructure
- Support the general induction and familiarisation for instrumentation engineers within the laboratories
- Responsible for the scheduling/booking of the agreed shared lab equipment including asset oversight
- To receive and process engineer service reports using the client’s computerised maintenance management system
- To organise and archive processed service reports.
- To assist with internal auditing activities e.g. retrieve service reports from archive upon request
- To receive and verify equipment calibration certificates with training and support from the centralised calibration laboratory
- To carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with key staff and consistently demonstrate a good customer service interface
- GCSE Mathematics and Science grade C or above
- Experience in a customer facing role, (within a scientific environment would be an advantage)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data entry
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests with different levels of urgency
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- College degree or equivalent is an advantage but not essential
- Working knowledge of a laboratory environment
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and appreciation of quality systems GLP/GMP/GxP or equivalent
- Experience with computerised maintenance management systems (CMMs) or equivalent
- Office based environment
- Working at a computer
- Light administrative tasks
- Archiving paper service reports
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."