Intellectual Property Attorney - UK remote
United Kingdom | United Kingdom
ResponsibilitiesLocation Cambridge, CambridgeshireGB Job ID JR-026339
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Following the acquisition of several life sciences organisations (Horizon Discovery, CisBio, BioLegend and Sirion), we are seeking an additional qualified Intellectual Property Attorney.
Responsible for providing legal advice and protecting company's interest involving patent issues, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, licensing and research agreements, publications and the intellectual property aspects of contracts and agreements. Reviews patent material and literature to determine feasibility of patenting and/or infringement.
- Engage and counsel inventors from the pre-invention disclosure stage, throughout the patenting process, and post-grant.
- Manage outside IP counsel handling patent prosecution to ensure the strategy properly encapsulates the invention and conforms to the goals of the company.
- Participate in integration of acquired targets to ensure complete integration of IP matters.
- Conduct freedom-to-operate (“FTO”) analysis.
- Provide general IP guidance to non-IP members of legal team and clients with respect to patents, trademarks, copyright, and trade secrets.
- Registered patent attorney with at least 4 years’ experience, preferably at least two years working in a law firm
- Life science degree, PhD or equivalent experience, preferably in the areas of genetics, molecular biology, immunology or biochemistry
- At least two years patent prosecution preferred (5 years post qualification)
- Patent litigation management and/or experience a plus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”