Flow Cytometry SpecialistApply Now
- Cambridge, MA
Job Title: Flow Cytometry Specialist
Location: Cambridge, MA
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
- PerkinElmer has been asked to provide ancillary services at the client site, Boston, MA to support their Flow cytometer systems.
- The appropriate individual will have a BS in a scientific discipline and 2-3 years of experience in the operation and troubleshooting of flow cytometry instrumentation.
- Clear evidence of strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with colleagues with all levels of flow cytometry experience is required.
- The position requires mechanical aptitude and the ability to work under minimal supervision while soliciting supervisory assistance when appropriate.
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows-based computer hardware and flow cytometry software (BD FACSDiva) and the ability to work as part of a team and be productive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated initiative to solve problems with enthusiasm and a positive attitude is required.
- Daily QC and maintenance of flow cytometry instruments in a multi-user flow cytometry core
- Hands-on support of cell sorting
- Maintain appropriate documentation of instrument usage and maintenance history
- Ensure facility compliance with all safety rules and regulation
- Maintain laboratory stocks of supplies and reagents
- Maintain instrument data integrity
- Act as a liaison to manufacturer’s engineers for troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of instruments
- Assist in the design and analysis of flow cytometry experimentation as feasible
- Driving toward zero service recalls for any reason
- Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at site within prescribed time frame
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, or a related scientific discipline
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems
- Ability to work in teams
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams