Desktop Support Analyst (Must have Pharmaceutical domain experience)
Waltham, Massachusetts | Boston, Massachusetts
ResponsibilitiesLocation Waltham, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-019385
Job Title: Desktop Support Analyst (Must have Pharmaceutical domain experience)
Location: Cambridge, MA
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
The OneSource Lab Computing Service Engineer provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services when applicable.
This role works seamlessly with and supports the other PerkinElmer practices and divisions within the lab computing environment.
Core Job Duties:
Consult with application vendor to establish where certain data and metadata objects are stored (main data, audit trail, methods, reports, templates, etc.)
Work with vendors to resolve in application issues/deficiencies that are IT related, such as backup mechanisms, instrument communications, in application failures, conflicts with Antivirus, group policies, etc.
Setup proper backup strategies for the data objects identified, including the development and deployment of OpenLab ECM archive configuration for specific lab instrument applications.
Use various IT tools such as windows permissions, active directory, and group policies and adhere to data integrity TO SOP-0484. If it is not possible, identify those risks and report to project team.
First time provisioning of a new computer setup including joining to domain. Subsequent support provisioning will be performed by the Client ‘Site IT’ team at the applicable sites.
Build and deploy computers for instruments and set up on the Network. Work with infrastructure teams that build server architecture for client/server applications.
Installations/re-installation of applications on client/server applications or in break/fix situations where vendor allows.
Executing qualification and validation protocols on networks servers and support systems.
Provide all content for Installation Qualification and System Design/Configuration Specifications (SDCS).
Provide content for Function Requirement Specification (FRS)
Ensure disaster recovery process is documented within combination of SDCS, System Admin SOP and Operation and Maintenance SOP (O&M).
Author System Admin SOP
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Life Science
2+ years of relevant technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing and backup systems
Experience with virtual machine support
Experience with scientific instrumentation
Experience with validation tasks and technical writing
· Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
· Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
· Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer’s site safety code.
Contributing to Team Success
Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Facilitates goal accomplishment—Makes procedural or process suggestions for achieving team goals or performing team functions; provides necessary resources or helps to remove obstacles to help the team accomplish its goals.
· Involves others—Listens to and fully involves others in team decisions and actions; values and uses individual differences and talents.
· Informs others on team—Shares important or relevant information with the team.
· Models commitment—Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills team responsibilities; demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
· Seeks to understand customer—Actively seeks information to understand customer circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs.
· Identifies customer service issues—Identifies breakdowns in internal processes and systems that directly impact customer service and retention; expresses concerns to others.
· Creates customer-focused practices—Uses understanding of customer needs to institute systems, processes, and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and to prevent service issues from occurring; promotes customer service as a value.
· Assures customer satisfaction—Makes sure that customer solutions, practices, and procedures are carried out and achieve their objectives.
Managing Work/Time Management
Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
· Prioritizes—Identifies more critical and less critical activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
· Makes preparations—Ensures that required equipment and/or materials are in appropriate locations so that own and others’ work can be done effectively.
· Schedules—Effectively allocates own time to complete work; coordinates own and others’ schedules to avoid conflicts.
· Leverages resources—Takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently.
· Stays focused—Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
TECHNICAL RELATED COMPETENCIES
User & Customer Support:
The range of services providing assistance and technical support to help users implement and solve problems related to computer technology.
· Assesses User Needs
· Deploys Hardware/Software
· Monitors Metrics and Performance
· Provides Customer Service and Support
· Provides Training on New Hardware/Software
· Troubleshoots Problems
Security & Data Integrity:
The standards, issues, and applications used to protect information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction.
· Assures data and information systems are available to authorized uses
· Ensures data integrity
· Protects data and information systems from accidental disclosure or destruction
· Protects data and information systems from unauthorized access or modification
· Protects data and information systems vulnerable to inappropriate use or malicious compromise
Networks & Mobility:
The processes, hardware, and software employed to facilitate communication between computer systems and devices, if applicable.
· Designs Local Area, Wide Area, and Virtual Networks
· Installs and Expand New Facilities
· Optimizes and Maintain Network Software and Hardware
· Manages, Administer and Secure Local Area Networks
· Performs Network Infrastructure Troubleshooting
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."