Customer Service Engineer - CambridgeApply Now
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
PerkinElmer - Making a Difference Every Day
Backed by an outstanding team of 12,000 employees and located in over 150 countries across the world, PerkinElmer is a global leader focused on improving human and environmental health, for the better. We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
Impact sales of PerkinElmer by maintaining a high standard, professional image and by demonstrating the added value of customer support, always acting as an ambassador for the Company.
Impact positively on the overall performance of the Customer Service Department by maintaining a flexible approach to work. Planning and executing work in an affective and efficient manner, providing the highest levels of customer service support and the best possible financial performance.
Main product groups that will be supported are High Content Screening and associated robotics products as required, with the potential for training on other product lines in the future. Full product training will be given.
Priorities and Objectives
- Perform field service as advised by the call dispatch staff/system in conjunction with the Team Leader, carrying our repairs, maintenance and installation of instrumentation and their accessories. Provide onsite user training on defined product groups.
- Organizing routine maintenance allocated on a monthly basis.
- At the request of the Service Manager, performs service on behalf of PerkinElmer overseas offices, to the standard expected in the UK, at sites of overseas customers
- Ensures that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to undertake service on specific instrument types. Maintains ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Align personal working practices with the department’s performance targets. Actively demonstrate compliance with all team targets.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Ensures all anomalies are quickly and effectively reported and resolved.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment are adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- Makes timely returns of all fully completed service documentation, Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expenses Claims, Motor Vehicle Log Sheets etc,.
- May be requested to perform specific and agreed tasks as defined through the Goal statements, already embedded in the Company Culture.
- Degree, HND or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or a Biotechnology discipline.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Experience in a Customer Service Environment.
- Background in Electronics preferably gained in a high technology service environment, together with an understanding of analytical and clinical instrument applications.
- Experience servicing and/or using HCS equipment highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers on all levels, providing service information, technical data and general assistance as necessary.
- Excellent people management, time management and motivational skills.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate internally; orally and in writing.
- Understanding of excellent Customer Service.
PerkinElmer values the strength of a diverse workforce.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams