Technical Steward/Lab Gas Management
Bothell, Washington | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Bothell, WashingtonUS Job ID JR-024199
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Enhance the Customer Experience
- Ensure scientific staff have appropriate PPE to safely perform their research work.
- Collect, facilitate pickup with vendor, and redeliver lab coats according to schedule.
- Maintain stock of gloves, safety glasses, and other articles as required by scientific staff.
- Maintain and manage uninterrupted supply of dry ice
- Delivers liquid nitrogen dewars, cylinders and packaged gases and related articles.
- Fills liquid nitrogen dewars using the bulk liquid nitrogen filling stations; following procedural steps and safety rules during filling and transport.
- Monitors and records levels and pressures of the bulk liquid nitrogen, bulk liquid carbon dioxide, micro-bulk liquid nitrogen and micro-bulk liquid oxygen systems.
- Notifies supervisor and/or manager when deficiencies are noted.
- Files and maintains delivery documentation.
- Initiate repairs to bulk tanks as needed by placing work orders.
- Delivery of compressed gas cylinders per customer requests; supports customers on gas equipment as needed.
- Maintains housekeeping and inventory levels of liquid nitrogen bulk filling areas and gas storage areas.
- Communicate and coordinate maintenance and service work for equipment
- Serve as the liaison for scientists & assists with completion of customer service form.
- Participate in audits and inspections and provide input, as requested.
- Daily checks of group mailbox for vendor service conducted on bulk tanks.
- This role will work closely with other teams to seamlessly deliver lab support services.
- Will be required to cross-train and back-up other lab support areas as needed.
- High School Diploma required.
- Previous experience with laboratory gas operation programs.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience working with appropriate use of relevant equipment after training (includes hands on ability to use equipment and proper filing of gas documentation).
- Laboratory customer service experience preferred.
- Previous experience with vendor relations and contract management is preferred.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to operate large box trucks.
- Ability to sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Benefits to working for PerkinElmer: Backed by an 80-year history rich in innovation, PerkinElmer is a long-time leader and pioneer in the scientific community. We hire talented, committed and driven people and strive to create a work environment that brings out the entrepreneur in all of us. Benefit packages include: Medical, Dental and Vision; Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health and Wellness Programs and Incentives; Employer Matching 401(k); Tuition Reimbursement; Professional Development; Maternity and Paternity Leave; Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off; Life and Disability Insurance; and Work/Life Balance.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”