Bothell, Washington | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Bothell, WashingtonUS Job ID JR-024108
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Accountable to the General Manager for Service delivery and strategic support of the client account team. The Area Manager ensures delivery of best-in-class customer support through managing service resources, including managers and individual contributors, within this assigned group to achieve established revenue and profitability goals as well as contractual requirements.
- Lead partnership with the customer operations leads to deliver on the contractual obligations of customer agreements.
- Partner with customers to understand their service needs and goals to support in the delivery of service and drive custom sales solutions.
- Invest time developing relationships on an individual basis with key customer contacts to assess the customer value drivers at multiple levels of the organization.
- Manage and drive profitable business growth of the service plan for customer accounts.
- Identify key market/customer opportunities for growth and develop metrics and action plans to grow stronger customer relationships.
- Integrate product and service initiatives with resource deployment.
- Coordinate and consolidate a comprehensive analysis of area business and marketplace (e.g., installed base, new placements, support strategy, risks, opportunity to improve service to retain and develop new business) to support the business plan process and establish short- and long-term goals.
- Promote teamwork within the service and sales organization to maximize opportunities for the growth of PerkinElmer.
- Recruit, hires and retain top talent. Proactively and routinely identifies a pool of high potential candidates to fill open and future service positions.
- Coach and motivates. Expand ways to overcome service business challenges and improve performance.
- Train and develop. Identifies ongoing team training to address service support improvement opportunities to reduce costs and maximize profitability.
- Manage performance issues.
- Drives succession planning through active support and deployment of the performance management process.
- Recognize and reward individuals who demonstrate exceptional performance.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in field service management or Lab Service Management
- Familiarity with SAP, DIVER, Business Objects
- Strategic hiring / interviewing skills
- Proficient in MS office. Ability to interpret business reports (P/L).
- Project Management Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Background and evidence in use of process improvement tools such as Six Sigma
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”