Lab Support, Glasswash
Bothell, Washington | Seattle, Washington | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Bothell, WashingtonUS Job ID JR-024192
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
We are looking for a highly motivated chemical management specialist to provide critical lab support as part of a dynamic PerkinElmer lab service team. The Glass wash team provides a centralized service responsible for dirty pickup, processing, and clean delivery of laboratory glass. Glass must be inspected to ensure all pieces are visually cleaned before returning to customer locations. A successful candidate should have great attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and be able to work independently.
Enhance the Customer Experience
- Pick up and deliver glassware, biologically contaminated reusable glassware, and plastic ware.
- Observe the established procedures for the handling and transporting of glassware and contaminated items.
- Operate autoclaves for decontamination or sanitization.
- Operate glassware washers, dry heat sterilizers, ultrasonic baths, and incubators.
- Maintain temperature chart recorders / equipment forms and use proper documentation.
- Prepare items for sanitization including glassware, caps and related articles, employing procedural steps during the process.
- Inspect glassware for cleanliness and structural defects.
- Routinely checks inventory of glassware, notifying Lead of deficiencies.
- Provide housekeeping of glassware processing areas.
- Follow all procedures in performing all aspects of glassware processing.
- Perform monthly de-scale and challenging of biological indicators.
- Use Good Documentation Practices (GDP) for all paperwork.
- Observe all safety precautions and is proactive in raising safety concerns.
- Complete all required trainings in a timely manner.
- This role will work closely with other teams to seamlessly deliver lab support services.
- Will be required to cross-train and back-up other lab support areas as needed.
- Highschool diploma required
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical Lab.
- Ability to sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Benefits to working for PerkinElmer: Backed by an 80-year history rich in innovation, PerkinElmer is a long-time leader and pioneer in the scientific community. We hire talented, committed and driven people and strive to create a work environment that brings out the entrepreneur in all of us. Benefit packages include: Medical, Dental and Vision; Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health and Wellness Programs and Incentives; Employer Matching 401(k); Tuition Reimbursement; Professional Development; Maternity and Paternity Leave; Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off; Life and Disability Insurance; and Work/Life Balance.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”