Lab Service Coordinator
Bothell, Washington | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Bothell, WashingtonUS Job ID JR-024196
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Enhance the Customer Experience
- To be the first line of support for infrastructure, engineering, purchasing, IT and other service providers; reporting of faults and ensuring these are closed out in a timely fashion, i.e. to act as a single point of contact and help ensure minimal disruption.
- Meet regularly with laboratory service providers to ensure open lines of communication.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders (lab staff, service providers, management) to identify, review and resolve issues in a timely manner and/or escalate as necessary.
- To be point of contact for equipment maintenance in liaison with Asset Management team and customer lab staff, facilitating scheduling and hosting of engineering visits for maintenance and/or repair.
- To help coordinate and oversee lab stocks in liaison with site stores (e.g. through kanban or via local procedures). Ensures appropriate tracking and safe delivery and storage of goods in the lab.
- To help coordinate the working environment with lab staff and PerkinElmer e.g. lab space, availability of PPE, and removal of redundant equipment, etc.
- To provide a general induction/orientation for new members of staff and visitors.
- To provide coordination of a 5S lean service.
Support your Team
- To work with Customer and PerkinElmer staff to ensure quality and compliance within the laboratory.
- To support coordination of waste removal from labs, ensuring use of appropriate waste streams with appropriate third-party vendors.
- To work in collaboration with Customer line safety reps to ensure a high level of safety is maintained in the lab.
- To coordinate the provision of lab services (e.g., gases/LN2/dry ice/deep cleans) by liaison with lab support services staff.
- To work with PerkinElmer and customer staff to help maintain lab documentation and coordinate archiving.
- To Coordinate periodic review of Service Level Agreement contracted tasks with all relevant groups (i.e Customer lines, Technical Laboratory Services and management).
- To provide timely communication to lab users on impact of any site service work.
- This role will work closely with other teams to seamlessly deliver lab support services.
- Will be required to cross-train and back-up other lab support areas.
- Associate degree or higher preferred and relevant industry experience.
- Working understanding of GLP/GxP (desirable).
- Experience of working in a compliance driven environment.
- Knowledge of 5S principles (desirable).
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of chemicals and safe handling (desirable).
- Ability to improve processes and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety relative to the workplace.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines.
- Aptitude for technical and practical matters.
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking.
- Strong team player with experience in a high-quality customer service operation.
- Able to complete relevant paperwork according to principles of Good Documentation Practice.
- Ability to sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas.
- Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Work with biohazards such as blood borne pathogens.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Benefits to working for PerkinElmer: Backed by an 80-year history rich in innovation, PerkinElmer is a long-time leader and pioneer in the scientific community. We hire talented, committed and driven people and strive to create a work environment that brings out the entrepreneur in all of us. Benefit packages include: Medical, Dental and Vision; Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health and Wellness Programs and Incentives; Employer Matching 401(k); Tuition Reimbursement; Professional Development; Maternity and Paternity Leave; Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off; Life and Disability Insurance; and Work/Life Balance.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”