Senior Cloud Operations Engineer (AWS) - Remote
Boston, Massachusetts | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-022867
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer who will lead the execution of Infrastructure hosting strategies and projects for Cloud Services in AWS. This position would work with and mentor operations teams in India with best practices and AWS deployment model expertise. This is a hands-on technical role that is responsible for the infrastructure aspects of the AWS cloud, data replication, IT infrastructure, data security and secure change management strategies.
- Laser focus on maintaining all customer infrastructure SLA’s for production workloads, including 99.9% uptime in AWS
- Assist/perform deployment/ maintenance and tuning of operational systems such as virtual machines, virtual private networks, Cloud managed databases, IAM technologies, DNS, and production change management procedures in AWS and Azure.
- Will also work closely with R&D, QA, and Services architects to scope, plan and execute hosted customer projects.
- Provide technical leadership to other members of the team and provide direction with respect to project management, operational tools, performance, security, and workflow evaluation.
- Responsibilities include technical execution of constructing customer environments including infrastructure sizing, data migration, data replication, fail over, and vulnerability management.
- Initial setup and testing of business continuity/disaster recovery services and replication technologies
- Participate in cloud and infrastructure project design, planning, and scoping
- Strong performance and cost optimization skills in AWS
- Strong Security and performance understanding of hosted AWS deployments
- Speak with clients and prospects as a Cloud AWS technical subject matter expert
- Work closely with Cloud Management to identify new tools and approaches for projects
- Provide cross-training to other cloud engineers and administrators across the organization
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting of infrastructure and applications a must
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other engineering-related field.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with operation control of security systems with AWS monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS infrastructure-related services which include EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, RDS, Route53, S3, IAM Users, Roles & Policies, CloudWatch monitoring integrated with SES and SNS, Lambda.
- Experience handling Operations downtime incidents and escalations compliant to industry standards.
- Industry recognized certifications preferable (AWS certified Engineer, AWS certified developer a plus).
- Specific experience performing Operations RCA analysis, vulnerability assessment reviews, and management level reporting.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with Sumo Logic, Instana a plus.
- Experience with AWS security platform functions Control Tower and Security Hub a plus.
*This position is Remote, working in the Eastern or Central US Time Zones to support the business
Paid Vacation, holiday, and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”