Scientist, NIPT Sales
Boston, Massachusetts, Houston, Texas, Newark, New Jersey, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Boston, MA
- Houston, TX
- Newark, NJ
- New York, NY
- Philadelphia, PA
Each year PerkinElmer products and services support the global screening of 10 million women and 35 million babies for genetic and metabolic disorders. Each year 25,000 babies with rare disease get lifesaving treatments as a direct result of our newborn screening capabilities.
Vanadis™ NIPT will be the first non-invasive prenatal testing platform designed to simplify screening for trisomies 21, 18 and 13 by eliminating the need for complex DNA amplification and analysis. The result will be a complete NIPT platform that any diagnostic lab can install, operate and connect with their existing LIMS system.
This position will manage a territory and target clinical laboratories. The position reports to the VP and GM for Vanadis and will be:
- Responsible for driving Vanadis Sales – delivers revenue target for assigned territory
- Formulate long-term business growth strategy for the territory and define milestones to measure success
- Proactively identify new business opportunities for Vanadis and partner with respective sales leaders to convert these opportunities into revenue
- Opportunistically promote and sell adjacent products and services such as preeclampsia and prenatal biochemical screens
- Develop and foster close relationships with key opinion leaders (KOL) in the territory
- Ability and willingness to “roll-up sleeves” to get things done in a team environment
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial candidate who can work remotely and independently
- Close interactions with customers to differentiate product features
- Work with sales and marketing to produce leads through attending local meetings as well as proactive outbound marketing
- Negotiate agreements, provision customer training, and product assimilation support
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning institution
- Experience reading and understanding peer-reviewed articles
- In-depth knowledge of US prenatal diagnostic testing space
- In-depth knowledge of reimbursement landscape in the territory
- 3+ yrs experience in the clinical laboratory space
- In-depth knowledge of physician office workflow
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory specimen logistics
- Ability to travel 25% of time and work weekends occasionally
- Significant prior experience in Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)
- Understands the customer and required compliance regulations for our products and processes
- Must model the highest degree of moral and ethical behavior
- Experience working successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams