Scientific Services Specialist(High Content Imaging)Apply Now
- Boston, MA
Job Title: High Content Imaging (HCI) specialist
Location: Boston, MA
Type of Assignment: Full time
- We are seeking a High Content Imaging (HCI) specialist to support pharmacology department .
- The ideal candidate will be a part of a High content imaging core group and will provide support and training to the on-site scientists with implementation of the HCI-based assays and screens, and data analysis.
- Responsibilities for this position include maintaining automated and stand-alone instrumentation, set-up of imaging protocols and data acquisition, sustaining data analysis workflows infrastructure and close collaborations with internal scientific and IT staff to ensure uninterrupted HCI functionality.
- B.Sc. in life sciences, or equivalent with 2-3 years academic or industry experience or M.Sc. with at least 1 year of post-graduate experience.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with the HCI platforms and the image analysis software.
- Proficiency in knowledge of the basic HCI biological applications.
- Know-how of the routine HCI assays development in mammalian cell lines.
- Ability to provide efficient technical support for imaging instrumentation, analysis applications and associated software modules by closely working with vendors, IT and other support groups.
- Aptitude to work in a highly matrix environment, excellent communication skills and customer focus.
Additional expertise is a plus
- Trained in the maintenance and repair of the HCI PE, GE, Thermofisher and/or Fluidigm imagers
- Knowledge of PE Harmony and Columbus image analysis tools
- Experience with large data sets processing and analysis
- Experience with high throughput screens and automation
Yogendra Prabhu (Yogi) | Global Resource Specialist - HR
PerkinElmer | For the Better
Mobile: +1-818-483-0021 (US)
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams