Sales Scientific Associate- REMOTE in Massachusetts
Boston, Massachusetts | Augusta, Maine | Concord, New Hampshire | Hartford, Connecticut | Montpelier, Vermont | Providence, Rhode Island | Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Boston, Massachusetts, Augusta, Maine, Concord, New Hampshire, Hartford, Connecticut, Montpelier, Vermont, Providence, Rhode Island, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-034547
The ideal SSA candidate has a keen interest in and foundational understanding of the role of viral vectors in the growing Gene and Cell-Therapy Industry and is seeking a position to gain access to the business side of these Markets.
Given the global nature of our business and the age of our company, the candidate must possess an entrepreneurial mind-set, be a self-starter, and can work with limited supervision.
The role grants direct contact with manager and senior manager-level positions across its international organization.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Engage in Sales activities (lead generation, customer qualification) towards academic and industrial R&D specialists, lab managers and business managers in pharma and biotech and large national research institutes within the US and Canada.
· Generate new client prospects.
· Develop an understanding of prospects’ science and business models to properly position SIRION’s products and services.
· Collaborate with SIRION Key-Accounts Managers to develop new clients.
· Contribute to the company's strategic planning by providing feedback about interests and requests of current & potential clients.
· The position is remote
· Occasional (approx. 6-8 times a year) team meetings in Cambridge, MA
· Company seat is Cambridge, MA
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Science discipline
- 3 years of sales, business development, lead generation or laboratory research experience
- Master’s degree in a Life Science discipline
- 1 year of sales, business development, lead generation or laboratory research experience
- PhD in a Life Science discipline
- Basic Knowledge in MS Office, CRM Systems (e.g. ZOHO, Salesforce, SAP)
- Previous work experience with viral vectors, gene and cell therapy, immunology or other mammalian genetics is preferred but not a must
- Previous work experience in early discovery and has worked for a similar supplier to this industry is advantageous
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to build good personal relationships with remote working colleagues throughout the global organization
- Creative, adaptable, capable of self-motivation and independence
- Customer facing attitude: the ability to listen and understand customer needs and goals
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Think/work across divisions
- Personal commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Tenacity, self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Some travel may apply (overnight)
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams