Product Manager, Custom Oligo Synthesis - Horizon Discovery (REMOTE)
Boston, Massachusetts | Albany, New York | Annapolis, Maryland | Augusta, Maine | Austin, Texas | Carson City, Nevada | Charleston, West Virginia | Columbus, Ohio | Concord, New Hampshire | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Hartford, Connecticut | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-028531
Who are we?
Horizon Discovery, a PerkinElmer company, drives the application of gene editing and gene modulation to enable world-leading academic institutes, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as clinical diagnostic laboratories, to identify the genetic drivers behind human disease, develop and validate diagnostic workflows, and deliver new therapies for precision medicine. With more than a decade of experience in the engineering of cell lines, Horizon offers innovative services including the Dharmacon™ suite of gene discovery tools with the ability to modulate, or permanently alter, the function of almost any gene in human and other mammalian cell lines.
Horizon is headquartered in Cambridge, UK with offices in Boulder, Colorado, USA and Japan.
This is an exceptional opportunity to have global reach and influence through strategic portfolio management to drive the current business needs and set the direction of future new product introductions. This is a fully-remote opportunity!
Align the needs of the customer with corporate objectives, the Product Manager will have key responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively gather & analyze oligonucleotide synthesis market conditions, technical trends, VoC insights, and competitive landscape to build the business strategy, define product requirements, and launch new product offerings to further grow our market leadership position over the next 3-5 years.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge and understanding of customer needs and buying behaviors to strengthen targeted segmentation strategies.
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders (e.g., R&D, Commercial, Customer Support, Marketing), external collaborators, and industry groups to gather intelligence that inform process improvement and product innovation.
- Work directly with sales, manufacturing, chemistry, and project management teams for large scale custom RNA and DNA oligo projects, including feasibility and profitability for novel product offerings, as well as production of oligos critical to partner supply chain.
- Develop pricing models that align with revenue and margin goals.
- In partnership with the marketing team, ensure consistent language and strategic narrative in marketing campaigns and collateral for continuity across internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting the sales team through, trainings, collateral development, joint customer visits and regular communication.
- Work with the Technical Support team to identify how to resolve issues for unsatisfied customers.
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- A minimum of five years of experience in product management experience
- BSc in a related scientific discipline, MBA or PhD is preferable
- Significant experience in life sciences industry, mix of technical experience and customer facing roles, e.g., strategic marketing, sales support, or product management. Support of oligo manufacturing strongly preferred
- Strategic and tactical business acumen with experience of driving profitability and growth
- Experience conducting market analysis and customer insights segmentation
- Ability to understand and translate customer needs into marketable solutions
- Passionate about your product portfolio, uses compelling science and business analysis to influence
- Ability to work with global and remote teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."