Product Manager, Cell Line Engineering - REMOTE
Boston, Massachusetts | Augusta, Maine | Austin, Texas | United Kingdom | Concord, New Hampshire | Hartford, Connecticut | Lansing, Michigan | Montpelier, Vermont | Raleigh, North Carolina | Richmond, Virginia | Springfield, Illinois | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-030095
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Horizon Discovery, a PerkinElmer company, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and technical Product Manager to bring our cell line engineering services to the next stage in its evolution. You will define the future vision for Horizon’s cell line engineering business, including the preparation of strategic plans and roadmaps, identifying market development opportunities, executing on portfolio lifecycle management, and developing a best-in-class platform to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
With a strong scientific background in cell line engineering and experience in product management, this is a role to provide decisive leadership to a rapidly growing market.
This is a FULLY remote position that may require up to 20% travel.
- Develop the roadmap and go-to-market strategy for cell line engineering services, including market outlook, market segmentation, competitive assessment, and opportunity prioritization.
- Assist in assessing the technical and strategic feasibility of potential new projects.
- Manage the portfolio and execute on goals for sales growth, market share, profit contribution and return on investment to achieve results through leadership positions in established and new markets.
- Establish and maintain a system of key performance indicators (KPI) and improvement metrics to ensure achievement of business unit revenue and growth objectives.
- Collaborate with functional leaders across the organization to deliver a world class experience to our customers and exceed the portfolio’s revenue and growth objectives.
- Build key customer relationships to understand their business needs, objectives, and identity strategic business opportunities.
- Take an active part in the marketing and sales process and ensure that the needs of internal and external customers are being met.
- Oversee the gathering of market and competitor intelligence, financial analysis, competitive research, customer insight programs, and monitor media and events to gain a strong understanding of the market landscape.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience in product management OR
- 5 + years of experience in sales, marketing, and development of products and services.
- MS/PhD with 5 + years of experience in product management
- Degree in the life sciences or engineering strongly desired, PhD preferred
- Strong scientific understanding of cell line engineering/modulation including CRISPR and RNAi.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process, especially in relation to the application and development of cell line models.
- Good knowledge of life science industry practices, company and competitor products, technology, and service capabilities within the gene editing product and service market.
- Knowledge of business and operational processes; proposal development, contract negotiations, and program management.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving, resolution skills and a team focus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to senior management, customers, and employees.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."