Principal Global Transportation & Logistics Analyst- REMOTE
Boston, Massachusetts | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-025912
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
A new opportunity exists for a Principal Global Transportation & Logistics Analyst to drive standards throughout the Global Logistics Network including transportation, warehousing, and operations. This position is a contributor to successful logistics’ owned outcomes across each of three regions to drive global optimization. This role will coalesce data and project management to facilitate clear and consistent communication to and among regional operations and logistics teams. Additionally, responsibilities include ensuring the communications channels and data sources are maintained and current, implementing and sustaining standardization across regional and global operating procedures. Communication platforms will include materials and messaging relevant to internal stakeholders who rely on these services to deliver solutions to the customer.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Taking initiative to proactively identify, prioritize, and solve multiple, complex, high impact challenges seen in regional or global environments
• Driving objectives, processes, and methods to solve identified problems
• Building and maintaining a scalable, duplicable, sustainable global and regional network, which includes:
o Utilizing data and developing models
o Writing SOPs
o Creating project plans and meeting deliverables
o Data maintenance and governance
o Supporting implementation and lifecycle sustainment of digital tools, including but not limited to Transportation and Warehouse Management Systems and bar coding/RFID
• Modernizing data aggregation and retention to empower global teamwork, quickly locate essential information, and seamlessly collaborate across and within business functions related to data governance, product and services contracts and established key performance indicators with an additional focus on metric development and consistency
• Supporting metric development and compilation of operating reviews by soliciting and supporting inputs from regional teams and then compiling and mining data to present a cogent global picture with meaningful business insights
• Leading regional efficiency projects and inventory to support order fulfillment objectives and projects with regional subject matter experts (SMEs) for logistics, transportation, and warehousing improvements
• Modernizing data aggregation and retention to empower global teamwork, quickly locate essential information, and seamlessly collaborate across and within business functions related to data governance, product and services contracts, and established key performance indicators with an additional focus on metric development and consistency
• Translating regional business needs and requirements to action plans and timelines and leading the execution of these actions to achievement of goals.
• Interfacing regularly with third-party logistics providers, consultants, regional and global teams to maintain high levels of service and execution
• Maintaining communication with vendors and continuous improvement of processes to optimize value of services procured in support of PerkinElmer and its customers as well as services provided by the global and regional logistics teams
• Participating in a productive team-based culture to deliver breakthrough results
• Collaborating with a team of professionals, in a matrixed environment
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Eight or more years of experience in Logistics, Warehousing, International Trade Compliance, Operations or Information Management
• Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field
• Prior experience with distribution planning to support complex order fulfillment strategies
• Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, both domestically and internationally
• This position will collaborate with stakeholders globally and may be required to support projects/priorities/meetings during non-standard working hours.
• APICS CPIM and/or Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) certification preferred
• In addition to strong knowledge of SAP, materials management processes and the management of data with the system is preferred
• Self-starter with an ability to be an effective business partner rather than just functional support; a sense of urgency and commitment to meet operational and financial goals with a focus on internal and external customers
• Experience with Six Sigma tools; Green Belt or Black Belt certified
• Strong knowledge of SAP
• Previous experience managing projects with regional implications
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
• Strong PC skills including MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Sharepoint Cloud, and business analytics tools
• Strong leadership and influencing capability
• Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills, strong goal / results oriented with strong communication skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”