Pre-Clinical Imaging Sr. Sales Specialist
Boston, Massachusetts | Concord, New Hampshire | Hartford, Connecticut | Providence, Rhode Island
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Boston, Massachusetts, Concord, New Hampshire, Hartford, Connecticut, Providence, Rhode Island Status Regular Job ID JR-014920
PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth of pre-clinical imaging and research tools in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
Massachusetts, US Territory
What we provide
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
PerkinElmer maintains a market leading pre-clinical In Vivo imaging instrument portfolio consisting of state-of-the-art imaging instrumentation for the sensitive detection of optical reporters in 2D and 3D as well as dedicated microCT solutions. PerkinElmer’s imaging technology is a translational research tool to aid scientists so that they can derive preclinical data supporting predictive clinical outcomes. Our instrumentation is represented globally and supported by over 10,000 peer reviewed citations ranging in applications covering oncology, CVD, neurology, inflammation and ID. The sales team is supported by and work routinely with an integrated Field Applications Support team who help optimize the research scope and vision for our customers. We are seeking a motivated, independent and entrepreneurial individual to leverage the built-in momentum of an industry leader to further drive expansion of our imaging portfolio in Massachusetts, US region.
- Grow and develop the In Vivo Imaging business in accordance with strategic business goals by achieving individual sales goals within the assigned territory.
- Sell directly to Life Science Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Pharma and Biotech.
- Develop a strong, working knowledge of entire Imaging product portfolio, scientific applications involved and end markets.
- Assess and actively communicate revenue recognition to minimize the sales cycle timeline.
- Demonstrate customer commitment through regular customer follow-up and by acting as voice of customer as appropriate.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience in technical sales, large capital equipment/Life Sciences
- MS, PhD and/or MBA in a scientific discipline or equivalent is preferred.
- Sales experience/background in bioluminescence, fluorescence, PET, or microCT experience preferred
- Knowledge of broad range of preclinical animal models and applications is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Experience the working variables of a vivarium environment (this is an animal holding facility).
- Familiarity with the grant administration process such as S10, R01.
- Willingness for occasional overnight travel.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams