Portfolio Marketing Manager - Consumables
Boston, Massachusetts | Cambridge, United Kingdom | Seer Green, United Kingdom | Shelton, Connecticut | Waltham, Massachusetts | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-026400
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Job Description Summary:
The Marketing Manager for the consumables product portfolio is responsible to develop global reach marketing strategy and execution of plans to meet consumables and minor accessories sales across the PerkinElmer applied markets business. Integration with chromatography, inorganic and molecular spectroscopy portfolio marketing is critical to the organization’s evolution to full solution selling. This individual works in close collaboration with product management, adjacent portfolio marketing teams, segment marketing, web development and eCommerce teams, regional marketing, and other teams involved in selling consumables, such as OneSource, service, and aftermarket teams. This position requires significant internal and external networking, thought leadership and the ability to drive change across a wide variety of functions and roles.
- Partners with product managers in the business units and support efforts to achieve objectives for new offerings and programs and assists to drive product retention and upsell/cross-sell strategies
- Gathers data and insights about product target personas, buyer roles, consumables buyer needs, the purchasing decision process, market trends and the competitive landscape.
- Builds the consumables marketing plan to support and grow the business, prioritize and align target audiences, developing effective messaging and building content architecture.
- Creates and optimizes webpages in alignment with the buyers' journey and SEO, establish successful SEM programs
- Supports launch planning for new offerings, drives messaging and positioning works to integrate products into broader launch strategies
- Collaborates with marketing peers and resources to produce relevant content for target buyers
- ensure information completeness for all online channels
- Use analytics to optimize content and plans for maximum return and business contribution
- Collaborates with regional marketing partners and spur local program implementation
- 4 + years of experience with product or portfolio marketing experience working across inbound and outbound marketing channels working in consumables, chromatography or analytical science market
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences
- Comfortable working with technical, scientists and learning science nomenclature
- Strong administrative and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects, programs and objectives through to results
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
- Ability to create value propositions and messaging strategies
- Ability to link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
- Strong writing, communication, presentation development and delivery skills
- Experience with creating and optimizing search engine marketing (SEM) programs
- Empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources
- Strong in networking and teamwork
- Some (<20%) travel to conferences, sales meetings and customer sites
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”