Pharma/Biopharma Market Leader - REMOTE
Boston, Massachusetts | Albany, New York | Annapolis, Maryland | Atlanta, Georgia | Augusta, Maine | Austin, Texas | Carson City, Nevada | Columbia, South Carolina | Columbus, Ohio | Concord, New Hampshire | Dover, Delaware | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-031268
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The Market Segment Leader will be responsible for developing and executing the Pharma/BioPharma market segment development strategies to drive penetration and expand market share for the product portfolio, market complexities, and the competitive environment within each market vertical to define the winning solutions.
In this role, you will manage a team of Market Managers to identify product use scenarios, explore future growth opportunities, and develop initial positioning and solutions for the specified sub-market. This leader is expected to build relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) within our current and potential strategic accounts, professional organizations, and relevant internal functions, to enrich and strengthen the overall innovation agenda throughout the strategic plan horizon. This opportunity is fully remote!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leading development and prioritization of focus segment applications that enable our solutions to be differentiated and value-add to our customers
- Championing development of end-market growth strategies based on upstream fact-based analysis of market trends; competitive applications portfolios; technology advancements; and customer needs assessment and regulatory requirements
- Developing deep bench of technical knowledge around market segment customer needs and workflow across instruments, consumables & service, and translate this knowledge into technology and solution landscaping activities
- Designing the application support strategy to reflect market-focused initiatives, including establishing and managing collaborator agreements/relationships on global basis to support the Applied business team
- Leading the development of best practices to develop effective value propositions and sales tools that are practical to use and aligned to segmentation and regional specific requirements
- Driving deployment of commercial sales tools and training to drive sales effectiveness at positioning our solutions
- Actively developing relationships with commercial teams, KOLs and key customers in priority end market segments
- Leading overall Market/Segment strategy and focal point within the organization to ensure marketing collateral, applications and solutions support our overall growth strategy and aligned across Business Unit, R&D and Marketing organizations
- Meeting business and end market KPIs, such as revenue, margin expansion market penetration and share gain
- Supporting the development of strategic planning initiatives (SGS), M&A due diligence and other new growth initiatives
- Providing leadership and development to a team of professionals that sets high quality standards for performance and is committed to organizational goals, including assigning responsibilities; hiring, training, motivating and coaching employees; assessing and recommending appropriate staffing levels; managing employee performance; and providing helpful feedback and training opportunities
- This position will collaborate with stakeholders globally and may be required to support projects/priorities/meetings during non-standard working hours.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in various roles within Sales, Marketing, Product Management, OR R&D related to Analytical and/or Life Science tools
- A minimum of five years of experience, directly and indirectly, leading and managing cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment to drive business results
- Bachelor of Science degree in Science, or Business
- MBA preferred
- In-depth Market knowledge in area of focus
- Experience in customer and market segmentation, creating portfolio roadmaps, robust business cases, and commercialization of solutions.
- Ability to develop customer needs into applications solutions driving business growth
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional global teams
- Continuous improvement mindset
Additional Information: Key Objectives/Metrics
- Revenue target met for segment
- Product launch revenue target the met for segment
- Achieve annual pricing objective through value selling
- Develop and nurture collaboration relationships
- Quality and frequency of updates on the competitive landscape
- Quality and frequency of VOC
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."