Outcome Engineering Leader-Remote
Boston, Massachusetts | Albany, New York | Annapolis, Maryland | Augusta, Maine | Austin, Texas | Denver, Colorado | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Hartford, Connecticut | Providence, Rhode Island | Raleigh, North Carolina | Sacramento, California
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-021044
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
We are looking for someone to lead our journey to developing OE as a core competency within the PerkinElmer services segment. To focus on initiatives that truly drive improvement.
We expect to build the organizational capability that achieves targeted business outcomes-Increase Revenue, Reduce Costs and Mitigate Risk.
Why join PKI – a great, career destination
- PKI launched refreshed, global, contemporary core values to truly reflect who we are.
- A new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion focus, striving to create a culture of inclusivity.
- Corporate Social Responsibility - based on the philosophy that we all have an inherent duty to make the world a better place. Focused on 3 pillars – Governance, Sustainability and Culture, community, and our people.
- PKI matches personal charitable giving.
- PKI is truly making a difference fighting Covid around the globe – tests, consumables, instruments, and lab as a service.
Why join OneSource (OS), services business segment within PKI
- Looking to make OE a core capability within the OneSource services business.
- OS is an entrepreneurial business unit and you can expect something different every day.
- Opportunities to work with a large number of energetic, hardworking, very smart scientists and business people.
- Leaders are empowered to make decisions, are involved with strategy development, and where good ideas and hard work are rewarded.
- Opportunity to impact the selection of tools and methodologies to implement - part of the team to establish the priorities and, operationalize and codify best practices.
Expect to parachute in to solve process challenges using black belt skills
- As the OE SME, you would bring immediate credibility, and could deliver real business impact.
- Assess the effectiveness of internal and customer facing business processes and offer recommendations to improve efficiency, eliminate waste, reduce cost, increase customer satisfaction, and improve safety.
- Work to improve processes and partner with the analytics and applications team to automate and implement these process changes.
- Work to integrate and effectively operationalize new service tools and products within the service operation function, i.e. RFID, asset genius, and Qorus RFP manager.
- Become proficient as an internal enabler of Enterprise operations processes to provide CI support
- Evaluate where OS is along the OE maturity model.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Bachelor's degree
- 12+ years of experience with demonstrated success using Outcome Engineering methodologies.
- MBA is a plus, but not required.
- Six Sigma or Lean based training with at least 5 years of applied practice.
- Black Belt
- Strong Project Management background with demonstrated success in Continuous Improvement.
- Strong Data Analytics Capability
- Experience with a Service organization - Familiarity with science-based companies’ workflows (R&D, Operations, etc.) and the GxP environment
- Strong communication and visualization skills; proven experience working in a customer facing setting.
- Experience with SalesForce or Service Max
- Experience with Data Visualization ( Tableau, Spotfire).
- Skills with ELT (Alteryx) – nice to have.
- Knowledge of VOC approaches and the translation to CTQ’s.
- Self-starter who is able to work effectively without excessive supervision.
Salary range: $117,000-$146,000
This position is bonus eligible
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."