Laboratory Instrument Supply Chain Specialist
Boston, Massachusetts | Cambridge, Massachusetts
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-019091
The Lab Instrument Logistic Specialist coordinates the receipt, installation and removal of instrument assets for the One Source Client(s).
Core Job Duties:
- Coordinates the delivery and installation of Client purchased instruments with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) at local and remote Client sites.
- Coordinates the transportation of instruments to the Client lab site, including safe de-crating to prevent instrument damage.
- Updates SAP records to ensure complete and accurate visibility to instrument delivery and installation data.
- Support small to mid-scale facility departments through collaboration with internal Client departments.
- Collaborates with Client Capital Asset Coordinators to ensure accurate instrument tagging.
- Coordinates the removal as well as transfer of assets to and from Client sites.
- Associates Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a laboratory setting or in supply chain management
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong Project Management capabilities including data reporting and asset tracking
- Ability to communicate status of projects clearly and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in use of SAP systems and MS Office Suite
- General knowledge of lab instruments needed.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
Laboratory setting as well as need to spend time in/around loading dock areas.
Ability to lift/maneuver 25lbs packages; ability to move throughout lab and loading dock.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."