Lab Instrument Logistics Specialist -Boston/Cambridge, MA
Boston, Massachusetts | Cambridge, Massachusetts
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-031471
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
- The Lab Instrument Logistic Specialist coordinates the receipt, installation and removal of instrument assets for the One Source Client(s).
Core Job Duties:
- Coordinates the delivery and installation of Client purchased instruments with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) at local and remote Client sites.
- Coordinates the transportation of instruments to the Client lab site, including safe de-crating to prevent instrument damage.
- Updates SAP records to ensure complete and accurate visibility to instrument delivery and installation data.
- Support small to mid-scale facility departments through collaboration with internal Client departments.
- Collaborates with Client Capital Asset Coordinators to ensure accurate instrument tagging.
- Coordinates the removal as well as transfer of assets to and from Client sites.
- Associates Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a laboratory setting or in supply chain management
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong Project Management capabilities including data reporting and asset tracking
- Ability to communicate status of projects clearly and concisely in verbal and written formats
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in use of SAP systems and MS Office Suite
- General knowledge of lab instruments needed.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Laboratory setting as well as need to spend time in/around loading dock areas.
- Ability to lift/maneuver 25lbs packages; ability to move throughout lab and loading dock.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”