Global Sourcing Partner – Molecular Biology Reagents REMOTELY BASED U.S. or EUROPE
Boston, Massachusetts | Hamburg, Germany
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-015467
Our Company and Passion:
Does working on disruptive, integrated, sample-to-solution platforms excite you? Would you work well with a cross-functional team of people passionate about shaking up an industry? Can you work with multiple outside suppliers, R&D and manufacturing teams to build the best product for our customers?
PerkinElmer is looking for a detail oriented, passionate individual who wants to make a difference in the field of innovative, next generation reagent products. Our team has a straight-forward, can-do culture, and we hold each other to lofty standards.
The primary responsibility of this position is partnering with our reagent operations leaders and providing strategic sourcing expertise to our global procurement teams. This role will have overall responsibility for developing an integrated long term supply chain strategy for our reagents portfolio companies utilizing internal capabilities and external supplies; developing strategic alliances with existing suppliers, identifying new suppliers, driving supplier performance and cultivating redundancy and resiliency across our reagent supply chain. The Global Sourcing Partner - Molecular Biology Reagents is a key member of the reagents operations staff and represents a senior-level sourcing partner with a primary focus on materials for molecular biology reagents. The successful candidate will possess and demonstrate a deep understanding of biological, immunological and recombinant materials as well as global suppliers and their capabilities. The position requires an individual to operate with a great deal of flexibility, creativity and latitude and be recognized by their peers as an expert in the field. Thinking outside the box and challenging current processes is expected and encouraged to accelerate new product introduction.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supplier Relations & Management. Representing business leaders during high-level, complex contract negotiations; leveraging working relationships with suppliers for business needs. The successful candidate will be proactively managing supplier relationships to align with the business financial goals.
- New Product Introduction. Partnering with R&D and manufacturing to support projects from pilot development through full-scale manufacturing in both regulated and non-regulated production facilities; participating in M&A and due diligence projects to advise stakeholders of technical opportunities and risks within the supply chain.
- Drive Process Improvement Initiatives. In conjunction with R&D and global procurement organization, identifying opportunities for sourcing improvements, vertical integration and insourcing that will deeply impact growth, customer satisfaction and quality improvements across the organization.
- Leadership. Demonstrating responsibility for the work and results of improvement actions; driving selection of team members; leading and facilitating cross-functional projects; identifying and managing financial resources required to successfully execute projects; and educating, coaching, and mentoring team members and others.
- Project Management/Communication. Reviewing and clarifying project rationale with business sponsors, R&D and operations; maintaining project schedules and progress toward final solutions and results; supporting the transfer of new processes to on-going operations while working with functional managers and process owners.
- Continuous Self Development. Taking an active role in developing technical skills to maintain and enhance scientific knowledge, engage with outside consultants, suppliers, patent experts, academics and related experts in the field to identify new techniques that bring value to the organization; and contributing to PerkinElmer’s in-house training program aimed at bringing knowledge to local teams.
- Technical Acumen. Maintaining a deep understanding of molecular biological, immunological, biochemical, microbiological and chemical materials and the synthetic methods to produce and test these materials. In this role, the successful candidate is expected to be the technical sourcing expert for biological materials.
- Safety and Regulations. Developing and maintaining processes and methods that comply with all safety, regulatory, and company requirements/guidelines, in support of local, state and federal safety standards.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline
- 12-15 years of experience in sourcing of biological or chemical materials
- 7 or more years of experience in a biological discipline in an academic or commercial organization
- Strong knowledge of contracts, incoterms and agreements
- Prior expertise with antigens, antibodies, enzymes, proteins and cell culture materials
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline
- Expert knowledge of global biological suppliers
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of SAP and ERP / MRP systems a plus
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."