Field Service Engineer
Boston, Massachusetts | Cambridge, Massachusetts | Hartford, Connecticut | Providence, Rhode Island | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-028895
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Field Service Engineer who will help PerkinElmer customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of customer satisfaction by providing expert service and support to customers within a primary geographic area. This covers the San Diego area.
You will need the ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires and must have a valid driver’s license. While performing the duties of this position you must always maintain safe motor
PerkinElmer’s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food and environmental markets. Every day, PerkinElmer Service Engineers help their customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drive high levels of satisfaction by delivering effective customer support. As a Service Team Member, you will represent the face of PerkinElmer and drive best-in-class customer service, responsiveness, and professionalism.
Enhance the Customer Experience
- Install, maintain, validate and repair PerkinElmer and/or multivendor instrumentation at customer sites with best-in-class service
- Provide scheduled and unscheduled corrective maintenance for customers including warranty services within a prescribed time frame and established maintenance protocols
- Deliver customer familiarization for instrument operation and maintenance
- Communicate service offerings including training, support, software, laboratory services products and field upgrades
- Partner with our customers to understand their analytical workflow and applications
Support your Team
- Support the local instrument sales representative(s) to help secure new instrument orders
- Provide service that helps to drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing service contracts
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers
- Develop organizational awareness of other functional groups and product lines
Drive Organizational Growth
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement documentation standards
- Contribute to account profitability through efficient execution and service delivery
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required service data to ensure the integrity of service system(s)
- Maintain assigned assets including: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Enhance PerkinElmer’s product quality by proactively reporting improvement opportunities via the quality notification process
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, assigned training, etc.
- Associate degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related military experience.
- 2 + years in demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and provide qualification services in a laboratory environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Microsoft 365
- 2+ years of laboratory and/or field service experience
- Exposure to analytical equipment, laboratory environment, and/or instrument control software
- Vendor issued certification on relevant laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers, and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role
- The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."