Field Application Scientist, Cellular Imaging and Analysis
Boston, Massachusetts | Albany, New York | Hartford, Connecticut | , Remote
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Boston, Massachusetts, Albany, New York, Hartford, Connecticut, Remote Status Regular Job ID JR-027587
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Field Application Scientist, Cellular Imaging and Analysis
Northeast US region
PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, successful and experienced field application scientist to scientifically represent our company. As a cellular imaging and analysis subject matter expert, you will be managing vital scientific relationships with users of our high content screening solutions. You will work collaboratively with a team of highly experienced scientists to give application-centric presentations, provide advanced instrument training and assist customers with experimental design and troubleshooting their imaging studies. If you like staying intellectually challenged and engaging with scientists in academia, biotech and pharma, then this is an ideal opportunity for you.
What we provide
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better research outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The PerkinElmer Cellular Imaging and Analysis team is one of the fastest growing teams within our organization. We offer cutting edge solutions for automated microscopy and data analytics. Our instrumentation is represented globally by over 3,500 peer reviewed publications. The Field Applications Scientist team works in concert with our integrated sales team to provide the optimal PerkinElmer solution to meet the research scope and vision for our customers. We seek a motivated, independent, and entrepreneurial minded individual to leverage the existing momentum to further drive expansion of our imaging portfolio in the Southwest.
- Support cellular imaging solution sales which can include presentations, and demonstrations of our instruments and software.
- Provide post sales application support and training.
- Develop a strong, working knowledge of our high content imaging portfolio and scientific applications. Knowledge of imaging and analysis will be key to successful customer outcomes.
- Work closely with product managers, marketing teams and application teams to develop and maintain pre-sales and post-sales presentation and training material.
- Attend and present data at local tradeshows as requested.
- Help with lead generation for both commercial and academic accounts
- MS in biology, life sciences or other relevant field of study
- 3+ years' experience and working knowledge of high-content imaging or confocal microscopy, including image analysis
- PhD in biology or any related scientific discipline
- 3+ years as an Application Scientist or similar customer facing role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to express information in a clear and organized manner relevant to the intended audience.
- Self-motivated, energetic and team-oriented, with a results-driven approach to achieving goals.
- Ability to learn new software tools and retain technical information.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Previous experience with HCS instruments and image analysis software packages a plus
- Willingness for as much as 50% overnight travel
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams