Lab Computing Analyst
ResponsibilitiesLocation Cambridge, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-027080
Job Title: Lab Computing Analyst
Location: Cambridge, MA
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Lab Computing Analyst.
PerkinElmer’s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food and environmental markets.
- Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s Windows based platform
- Maintains and supports the operating system, desktop hardware and peripherals, enterprise print strategy, management tools, application packaging, desktop tool development, software distribution, and core desktop applications
- Manage On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for field service engineers, repairing and troubleshooting client instrument and information technology issues
- Follow documented procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software and any other information pertinent to the environment
- Submit weekly Engineer reports to the team lead by COB on the last business day of the week
- Acts as Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries
- Escalates IT issues that are not resolved PKI Lab IT analysts
- Participates in client team meetings
- Escalates delivery concerns to the team lead
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes
- Associate degree or relevant industry experience.
- One year of deskside experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing, and backup systems
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Experience in Life Science environment
The employee will regularly require walking, standing, sitting and use of motor skills. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”