Associate Product Manager, clinical trial analytics - remote
Boston, Massachusetts | Albany, New York | Annapolis, Maryland | Atlanta, Georgia | Augusta, Maine | Austin, Texas | Ballerup Municipality, Denmark | Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Bismarck, North Dakota | Boise, Idaho | , United Kingdom | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-030962
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Overview: Associate Product Manager
PerkinElmer Informatics helps life sciences organizations around the world accelerate research, translational research, and clinical development initiatives with expert services and the Signals suite.
The Associate Product Manager, clinical trial analytics will work with the product team of our growing clinical trial analytics business segment within PerkinElmer Informatics. This is a role for the clinical trial or healthcare professional who want to translate their expertise into building software to improve patient safety. This role will actively shape the evolution of our current product portfolio to a broader clinical analytics platform.
This role is 100% remote, but you must be willing to accommodate working with time zones from western Europe to west coast North America and east coast China. While working hours are flexible, you can expect primary working hours around the eastern U.S./Canada time zone.
- 60%: Work with product management, UX, R&D teams to provide requirements, use cases, voice of customer, and design feedback
- 30%: Partner with marketing and business team on internal/external customer enablement, product messaging, and competitive research
- 10%: Independent innovation
- Develop a detailed understanding of the current product offering, customer experience, and buying process
- Work for the Lead Product Manager in delivering key features of our roadmap; these features combine into our overall platform roadmap
- Combine clinical trial knowledge and user input to document business requirements in a manner to effectively communicate with development engineers so they can deliver intuitive solutions that fully meet user needs
- Work closely with product managers, UX designer, and software engineering team to refine requirements for development
- Partner with QA and Security teams on implementation of regulatory, security, and privacy requirements
- Develop and work with technical writing for preparation of release notes
- Compile, update, and communicate comprehensive competitive intelligence research
- Review incremental deliverables from software engineering, present prototypes to stakeholders, and provide feedback
- Participate in agile methodology meetings including daily standups, backlog grooming, and sprint planning
- Assist the Lead Product Manager in developing comprehensive user personas and supports key use case development through user interviews, observations, and industry knowledge and research
- Facilitate product enablement of Services, Marketing, Support, Field Application Specialists, and Sales
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- A minimum of five years of product management and development experience
- Excellent communication skills, able to convey complex ideas clearly and simply; able to communicate up and down
- 2+ years of professional experience in the life sciences technology industry, particularly clinical trials is preferred
- Thrive in 100% remote workplaces and self-starting initiative
- Demonstrate experience and familiarity with data management, business intelligence, and/or clinical trial software (such as EDC, eCOA, CTMS)
- Experience with products in a regulated environment (e.g., qualification, validation, Good Clinical Practices, etc.) is desirable
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Professional experience as a business analyst within a product management organization in addition to life sciences technology experience, is preferred
- Experience working in an agile delivery model is desirable
- Experience working at a business for a cloud-based software platform preferred
- Experience conducting market research to gather data
- User design input experience and interest a plus
- Experience using JIRA and Aha is a plus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”