Inside Sales Representative
Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Albany, New York | Jacksonville, Florida | Olympia, Washington | San Francisco, California | Tallahassee, Florida | Washington, DC
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Albany, New York, Jacksonville, Florida, Olympia, Washington, San Francisco, California, Tallahassee, Florida, Washington, DC Status Regular Job ID JR-020550
PerkinElmer is seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our team Waltham! Supporting our ViaCord division, you will work closely with a team of Key Account Sales Specialists, Telesales Specialists and the Regional Sales Managers. You will plan and conduct outbound calling and/or correspondence to targeted prospects and clients, prepare, send and follow up on maintenance renewal quotes, and assist Field and Telesales teams to effectively drive business in the region. This position plays a key support role and will work closely with the sales team to execute a defined outreach strategy to penetrate defined accounts to meet assigned business objectives and sales quota.
As an industry leader for 25 years and part of a global healthcare company, PerkinElmer, ViaCord offers families: confidence and trust, proven quality and innovation. Our service is rooted in the highest accredited standards of quality and practice but driven by something far more personal—the promise of your family’s future health. More and more families are banking their baby’s cord tissue. That's why we are invested in processing technologies that delivers more value for families. For more information on ViaCord please visit: www.viacord.com
- Work closely with sales team to align daily activities and practices to effectively meet assigned business objectives and quota in strategic approach
- Lead qualification, quote generation, pricing justification, post-sale nurturing, sales reporting, bid searches, and standing order renewals
- Communicate effectively over the phone, in writing, and in person within the context of a highly-professional, technical/clinical, consultative inside sales environment. Interprets messages and responds appropriately in a timely manner.
- Ability to identify critical actions and adjust priorities as necessary.
- Document and track all leads, contacts, opportunities, and activity history consistently and in accordance with best practices within the Salesforce.com
- Conduct planning and research using a variety of database, internet, and industry tools, demonstrating clear understanding of client stakeholders and requirements and matching to the proposed solution
- Collaborate with the sales team on tactics to meet business objectives regarding opportunity development and closed business
- Negotiate and find effective solutions to questions, requests, and/or points of conflict with both clients and internal stakeholders with a focus on mutual benefit and lasting relationships
- Demonstrate technical capacity to understand sales tools (Web, database, CRM, Order Management, reports) and be able to effectively articulate technical and/or clinical information in an easily understood manner
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years’ professional work experience in sales
- Strong analytical and customer service skills complimented by an aggressive and solutions-oriented track record in sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and execute innovative approaches to selling products and services.
- Highly-motivated with a winning attitude, thrives in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize responsibilities according to business requirements
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams