Enterprise Applications Consultant Informatics M/F, EMEA , German speaking
Switzerland | Netherlands | Belgium | United Kingdom | France | Italy | Germany
ResponsibilitiesLocation Basel, CH Job ID JR-014956
PerkinElmer Informatics Professional Services is offering an exciting career opportunity for an Enterprise Applications Consultant within the European based team. This role is German speaking covering EMEA.
The retained candidate will consult and configure applications to meet customers Enterprise project requirements and workflows across Europe.
This role is based in Western Europe and preferably near to an international airport.
This is a unique opportunity to join the top end provider of Enterprise Software Solutions and also benefit from fantastic opportunities to develop within this strong and growing part of our organization.
The role has both strategic and operational responsibilities:
- Become a trusted advisor to customers and uphold accountability for high levels of customer service
- Identify customer needs, translate them into solutions within the software and resolve problems
- Contribute to process and compliance improvements where required
- Implement allocated scientific and applications management project tasks in a timely manner completion and high-quality standards
- Work with identified resources sharing responsibilities as appropriate to support customers
- Track and report on assigned tasks on a regular basis and revise and keep all project documents up-to-date
- Participate and provide input effectively in team and customer meetings
- Bachelors/ Masters degree in Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Physics OR similar educational background
- Professional experience in Enterprise application software installation, configuration, deployment, and troubleshooting e.g. Electronic Laboratory Notebook, spotfire etc.
- Professional experience or education within a Pharmaceutical, Biotechnological or Chemical organization is preferred
- Customer facing experience in project life cycles with ability to deal with and resolve potential conflicts
- Attention to detail and concern for quality, with requirements analysis & documentation experience
- Oracle DBA certification desirable as well as experience writing and troubleshooting XML, XSL, SQL code/scripts, troubleshooting database problems, Windows and IIS configuration and tuning
- Proficient and knowledgeable in Software development and release life cycle, database & systems design, deployment and support and different OS environments e.g. Windows & Linux
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-cultural, global teams
- Frequent travel, up to 30-40%, to customer sites across Europe
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English and German, other European languages a plus
PerkinElmer offers competitive salary and benefits package, negotiable depending on profile, as well as great development opportunities. If you feel that this role is for you, don’t delay click to apply!
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."